Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
Over the course of the year, #starbucks Newsroom photographer Joshua Trujillo has captured singular moments that collectively tell the larger story of #starbucks deep and enduring connection with its partners, customers and communities. These images are some of his favorite photographs of 2016.
1. The Bella Vista coffee farm is shown during the coffee harvest. Miguel Calderon, a longtime employee of the farm, artfully turns the drying coffee near San Jose, Costa Rica. His eye-catching geometric shapes are constantly changing as he rotates the drying beans on the farm’s patio. Photographed on January 18, 2016.
2. Adaptive Training Foundation founder and former NFL player David Vobora provides resistance as adaptive athlete Kevin Trimble attempts to flip a tire. Trimble, a U.S. Army combat veteran, was injured in an explosion in Afghanistan and is a triple amputee. He now trains with Vobora at the Adaptive Training Foundation in Dallas, Texas. Photographed as part of "Upstanders," #starbucks first original series on August 12, 2016.
3. Young people wait patiently in a large line at the 100,000 Opportunities Initiative Hiring Fair and Forum at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Thousands of young people came to the fair searching for a job. #starbucks has led a coalition of companies and service agencies to help those between the ages of 16 and 24 who aren't in school and aren't employed, often referred to as opportunity youth. Photographed on February 11, 2016.
4. #starbucks baristas from Chengdu, China perform a 300-year-old, traditional face changing dance. The dancers, all partners in #starbucks China stores, were the opening performance for the company's 2016 Annual Meeting of Shareholders. Photographed on March 22, 2016.
5. Coffee trees begin to sprout in a seedling bed at ECOM's Jaltenango, Chiapas, Mexico coffee tree nursery. Nearly 3.5 million rust-resistant coffee trees were growing at the nursery for distribution to coffee farmers in the area. Through #starbucks One Tree for Every Bag Commitment, about 22 million trees will be donated to farmers. Photographed on May 16, 2016.
6. As part of the company's long history of inclusion, the Pride flag is raised over the #starbucks Support Center (headquarters) for the third year in Seattle. Photographed on June 20, 2016.
7. The #starbucks Reserve Roastery in Seattle at dusk. #starbucks opens its next Roastery in Shanghai in 2017. In 2018, Roasteries will open in New York City and in Tokyo. A fifth Roastery location in Europe will be announced early next year. Photographed on March 10, 2016.
8. Roasted coffee is poured into the cooling tray at the #starbucks Reserve Roastery in Seattle. Photographed on March 10, 2016.
9. Freshly-harvested coffee is carried to a collection point at Hacienda Alsacia, #starbucks coffee farm in Costa Rica. Hundreds of people work on the farm during the harvest. Photographed on January 20, 2016.
10. Partners opening a new store in New York City's Jamaica, Queens neighborhood pose for portraits. This year, #starbucks opened four similar stores with classroom and training space as part of its effort to support local economic development in diverse, low- to-medium income communities. In addition to Jamaica, Queens, the stores are located in Ferguson, Missouri; Phoenix, Arizona; and the Englewood neighborhood in Chicago. Photographed on March 4, 2016.
© Copyright 2018